Sunday, February 14, 2010

Wheat Kings Down Tigers 5-1

I didn't hear what happened to Bretton Cameron but he was a scratch for tonight's game. Apparently Wacey Hamilton left the game in the third period with a leg injury

I wasn't expecting the Tigers to win tonight but I'd hope they'd at least make it entertaining. The Tigers appeared to gain a little bit of momentum near the end of the second period, however Brandon scored a quick goal to start the third and they didn't look back.

Willie was trying all sorts of line combos trying to get something going. I thought Brandon completely controlled the game, with the exceptions of 5-6 minutes near the end of the second period Someone call Austin Powers because someone has stolen the Tigers mojo.


I noticed a couple bad habits that they seem to be developing. On the powerplay one person is hanging on to the puck too long letting the other team get their box set after every pass.

Their passing decision have been just terrible. In the offensive zone the unforced errors they are committing is very frustrating to watch.

That's also their third straight game with a too many men on the ice penalty. Something which the Tigers had been fairly good at avoiding.

I think when a team is really struggling offensively they just gotta start throwing everything at the net, looking for rebounds and make it hard for the goalie to see the shot. Eventually something will give way. As a team their confidence looks a little lost. The important thing is to look back after every shift and ask yourself did I keep my feet moving, and give my best effort?

Their are only 10 games left in the regular season.

No comments: