Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tigers Squeak Out a Win Over the Broncos 4-3

I thought the Tigers started the game absolutely pummeling the broncos for the first ten minutes. However after that the tigers stopped skating and the Broncos stepped up their game. I thought the Tigers were a bit lucky to come out with a clean 2 points. Tyler Bunz had to bail them out, and made some Top Notch saves to keep them ahead.

I thought the Tigers seemed to hit a wall in the third period. They were missing passes, and playing sloppily. Taylor Gal was lucky he didn't cost the team a goal when he made a boneheaded play to turn back into his zone instead of skating out with the puck. Gal I thought played a very good first 2 periods, but had a bad third period, which resembled the whole tiger team, minus the goalie.

I thought Mark Isherwood did a better job at timing his shots on the point. The broncos were playing with 2 men up high on their penalty kill, and he still managed to sneak some shots through.

I was disappointed that Thomas Carr wasn't in the lineup tonight. I hope he is not injured. He has been their best stay at home DMan.

The tigers have gone with 7 defensman the last 2 games. Although Sohn didn't touch the ice very much. Yes Cody Carlson was scratched for todays game.
-----------
Cody Eakin vs Mathew Konan
For the Broncos Cody Eakin showed another side to his game. After Matt Konan hit a bronco awkwardly into the boards Eakin came flying over and challenged him to a fight.

Konan has 4 inches and a couple pounds on Eakin, But all Konan could do was to try and hold Eakin Off. Eakin was just chuckin his fists non-stop like a little energizer bunny. I think the majority of the punches missed but It was an impressive display of taking it to the Bigger Mathew Konan. I'd give the Fight to Eakin.

--------------
On Tuesday the Tigers take on a much improved Portland Winterhawks. I hear they are a very physical team, and have an excellent goaltender in Kurtis Mucha although he has struggled the last 2 games. I could see former bronco Ian Curtis maybe getting a start on Tuesday. The Winterhawks are currently one goal behind Moose jaw for most goals scored this season.

1 comment:

CatFan said...

I heard that Carr has a slight concussion, and thus was sat. Still waiting to hear what's up for sure with Carlson. I agree that Bunz stole those 2 points for them tonite. Hopefully, they will watch some video and play a better game on Tuesday. Maybe it is some karma for those points we lost in the shootouts and overtime lately.