Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sweet Saturday

Well if your a hockey fan, by now you probably already know that the Pittsburgh Penguins are the New Stanley Cup Champs. What a way to end the game, with Marc Andrey Fluery making an unbelievable save on Lidstrom at the end.

I was cheering for Detroit, specifically because of (Darren Helm, Chris Osgood, Ken Holland), Although I don't really feel that bad because Detroit Lost. I'm not the biggest crosby fan in the world, but the penguins had an amazing team. Guys Like talbot, scuderi,orpik,fedetenko,kennedy, cook really grinded it out and earned my respect, even if one or two of them crunched Helm once or twice:P


But Man O Man I wonder what Is going through the Mind Of Marian Hossa right now?


After game 6 ended I honestly thought Detroit would win game 7, but I started having this feeling like the opposite was going to happen a couple hours before gametime.

To me it felt like when the Penguins played their game, they were the better team. When the pens relaxed and took their foot off the pedal Detroit took advantage of them. The pens were much more physical as a team and I think that really showed throughout the series(minus the first 2 games, and it really hampered Detroit's smooth flowing, puck control game.

No comments: